Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I feel like it's time to make over my blog template, but I'm having difficulty picking one because I'm averse to change. I want to keep it simple, but at least have things like an archive, which I still don't understand why one doesn't show up here. I wonder if there's somewhere on the Internet that has blog templates other than the Blogger standards? It's funny, I can quit jobs at the drop of a hat, but the idea of changing my blog template is incredibly difficult to me. Go figure.

3 comments:

Mike H. said...

Hey Nicole,

Rob and I both are self-taught blog template manipulators. It's really quite easy once you get the basics down.

Check out this page for some useful and fairly easy to understand information on HTML coding and CSS templates.

Really it's all a matter of trial and error. Just make sure you do a [select ALL > cut > paste] your code into Notepad or Word before you make any changes. That way you can revert back to the original if you need to.

Shoot me an email (mahicks at gmail) if you have any questions. As a chronic template messer-wither I'm happy to help.

Jonk said...

Check out http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com

There are some very complex ones there, but also some simpler ones. I found one I liked and tweaked the code a bit for use on my blog.

Nicole said...

Thanks! I'll have to look into these over the weekend.