Thursday, November 27, 2003

I'm here in my new "home" of Maryland for the first time. Very odd seeing all of my old furniture in a totally new setting. I also left my coat in O'Hare during a rushed layover after we had to rebook our entire flight due to a hydrolics problem on the plane in Madison. Good excuse to buy a new coat.

The show last night rocked, as always. Annie and I showed up at the Stage Door an hour early due to a misstatement by Ted of the Heavenly States on the Saturday interview (the proof is in the recording!); we also were confused as to how exactly to GET to the Stage Door and showed up behind the bar. Oops. DPC gave out a promo cd, and upon listening to it on the plane today, I must say it is quite good and I have high expectations for the upcoming full-length. Other free gifts included a Vox Humana EP and Vox Humana/Colony of Watts 7-inch which I haven't listened to yet, but also have high expectations for. The Heavenly States, battling poor sound and a drunken (yet HI-larious) Ted, still managed to provide a good time, and they played some new stuff that had me excited for what they'll bring us next. Heavenly States at Party in the Park 2004? Let's make it happen.

Confidential to Annie: Bee-hay on the Gladio.

No comments: