Friday, May 01, 2009

Flight

Man, it's already Friday and I just realized I haven't blogged since Monday! Time is flying.

Amidst my busy week I was able to fit in a trip to the Arie Crown Theater to see Flight of the Conchords. Gapers Block reviews it here. Highlights for me: the show beginning with Jemaine and Bret coming out in cardboard robot heads singing my favorite season 2 song, "Too Many Dicks"; telling a catcaller in the audience he was "high on bong"; being joined by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (a.k.a., a guy on a cello).

Surprisingly no "Business Time", though.

Meanwhile, the Trib didn't seem too enthused. I think they're thinking about it a little too much.

Not a huge fan of the Arie Crown though. Strange how McCormick Place is really not that accessible by public transportation (just one bus from downtown), for such a huge destination. And it felt like watching a show in the stadium version of a theater, as opposed to a real theater like the Chicago Theatre or Civic Opera House.

1 comment:

Tankboy said...

I wrote about it too!And you'll notice Michelle (GB) uses my photo with her review ... but that's probably just because she's my girlfriend.