Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Good show this morning, lots of random stuff and a few interesting new releases, including foreign buzz bands Test Icicles and AIDS Wolf, two of the worst band names to grace an album cover, the new collaboration from Tortoise and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy featuring classic song covers, and a new band from Minneapolis that's been getting some press, Tapes 'N Tapes, which is pretty quirky indie-pop that I think I'm going to have to investigate further. They're so Minnesotan, their album is called "The Loon."

Also, I played an Abstract Giants track called "Internal Auditory." I think it's an accounting pun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Tortoise and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy album is good! Played a cover of "thunder road"-and it didn't suck. Bruce is hard to cover well, but I liked it.