Friday, October 07, 2005

Now this is hip-hop I can get into. It's a collaboration between Danger Mouse and MF Doom that is centered around the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim- Sealab, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman! I just heard a song on WOXY that included a bunch of killer Sealab quotes, and the song was very much in the vein of the opening theme to ATHF, which is great.

Speaking of WOXY, I think it's quickly becoming my favorite internet radio station. I've been testing a few out on days that I don't bring my iPod to work, and I think WOXY has been consistently better than KEXP in playing music I want to hear, both new stuff I haven't heard yet as well as songs I know and love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been diggin' WOXY for a few years now. They've had some huge changes at the station, but I love the mix of older and newer songs, and also like WOXY Vintage, which is not simply a mix of songs from the 80's. Although I like a few other internet stations, this one is almost perfect for me.

Brad K said...

BAM!! The future of rock n' roll!

Was I the first one to introduce you to the WOXY.com??

Brad K said...

Yo...you can listen to the entire Dangerdoom record on MySpace! Features guest appearances by Ghostface Killa, Cee-Lo and Talib Kweli...and of course all the cartoon hijinks.

Nicole said...

I found it on the Bacons website and was very confused- I believe you explained it to me :)