Monday, December 20, 2004

If i were to have an honorary 11th best song of the year, it would be the Hold Steady's "Killer Parties." And I think the Hold Steady Almost Killed Me would be honorary 21st best album. Maybe I should have squeezed it in the top 20, but hey, it's too late for that.

Meanwhile, the filling of the music collection gaps continued this weekend with a trip to WLUW that netted me RJD2's "Deadringer," Pulp's "Different Class," Boards of Canada's "Music Has the Right to Children," and two older Superchunk albums. My thirst for new music is still not quenched as I have the new Stars album on the way, Annie's "Anniemal" on back order, and I'm trying to track down a new album by a band called Scientific American that isn't being sold in pounds. I might have to take a break from music sometime soon.

No comments: