Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lol-Fi

Pitchfork points to this hilarious interview with someone from a band named "Psychedelic Horse****", where in expletive-filled rants he dumps all over all the bands in the currently hot "lo-fi" scene (Wavves, Times New Viking, No Age, etc.) that he's ostensibly a part of. In line with Monday's post, one of the commenters calls him out as a trustafarian. Hilarious! And probably an apt reference for the singers of both of these bands too. Yikes, people.

I still can't wrap my head around what is so enjoyable about these bands. Granted, I've written off the genre completely after hearing and seeing Times New Viking, but pretty much any review that compares a band to TNV kills any chance of me wanting to listen to that record. If Wavves actually makes it to Pitchfork, I guess I'll have another opportunity to try it out, but I'm not keeping my expectations high.

No comments: