Saturday, September 18, 2004

Fiery Furnaces:

So if you haven't heard the new album, it's like a bunch of 10 minute songs that are really comprised of a bunch of 3 minute songs. But for the show tonight, they basically took the album, chopped it up into little bits, mixed them all up, and then played it straight through- so like, 30 seconds of Quay Cur here, 30 seconds there, it was crazy. In addition, it was also done at what appeared to be DOUBLE SPEED. Them Furnaces are weird. But cool. It reminded me of some sort of Andrew Lloyd Webber review, like where they start with part of Jesus Christ Superstar and end with it too. The Fiery Furnaces Musical Blueberry Review. Then they encored with their single "Single Again," which has the line "I wish I was single again," a line I highly approve of.

Meanwhile, it was very obvious all the indie boys were madly in love with lead singer Eleanor. At the end she threw out a set list and like, 8 guys just DIVED. That's ok, because I was madly in love with the drummer, in spite of the horrible pants he was wearing, because he was the biggest freak behind the drums I've ever seen.

No comments: